Thursday, July 25, 2013

Not Dead

Not yet anyway.

I've always said/believed that the more entertained you are,the less creative you will be, at least in the short term (which is why so many school kids are so creative and why many artists tend to close themselves off when they go on creative binges). Recently I have been a little too entertained. Let’s just say it’s no coincidence that my last post was on July 7th and the new Civilization 5 expansion came out on the 8th (to a certain kind of gamer the Civilization franchise does a decent job of simulating a crippling addiction. My name is Demkuis Maximus and I am that gamer). That's not an excuse, it’s just what happened. Then there's the awkward moment when you realize it’s been over two weeks since you updated, and at least one since you've even put ink to paper (or electron to hard drive, or whatever), well this ends now, and by now I mean on Friday with a brand new update to my Skyline story. I won't promise (we've all seen what those are worth), but it will happen, you have my word as a Captain.

Demkius Maximus, Proud member of Gamers Anonymous and Civilization free for almost 24 hours now.

No comments:

Post a Comment